ChargeOver allows you to set up processing fees to charge for payments depending on payment method.
You can set up processing fees in a few different ways.
For example, you can set a fee for one type of payment method and charge a 3% service fee for all credit card transactions.
Enable Processing Fees
- Go to your Settings and select
Add-Onsthen More Add-Onsfrom the left side menu
- You can search for
Processing Feesand click Get Started
- Set the "Calculate and add processing fees at the time of payment?" option to "Yes"
- Choose whether to; do nothing, charge a fee, or give a discount for credit card payments and for ACH payments.
- You can specify a dollar amount or percentage to charge for the fee or to give as a discount
- You can also add states or provinces to exempt from the fee or discount (billing state).
Once you have configured your processing fee, it will automatically be applied to your invoices when a customer makes a payment.
Only U.S. and Canadian States/Provinces are available for exemption
Keep in Mind
- Currently we support processing fees for Credit Cards, ACH payments and Tokenized payments
- Some states/provinces have very specific regulations and laws pertaining how a processing fee can be charged
- Make sure to review any state regulation/laws before charging a processing fee
- If your customer is manually entering their payment, they will be alerted of the fee when they're checking out
- If you are manually entering the payment in ChargeOver, you will be alerted of the fee
Exempt a Specific Customer From Processing Fees
- Go to the customer and select the Edit tab
- Select "More advanced options"
- Select the checkbox "Customer is exempt from processing fees"